Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Come Spring



Thawing Time

1

Ice has formed a
perfect
crystalline image
here in this house
of rime stone,
this house of
contrition.
Spring breezes
blow
smoke rings
'round my bed
and as I watch
the sky
for a miracle
I'll die hungry
and bewildered.

2

First I must live
with this hunger
and bewilderment,
crawl across the
sun faded floor
to the open door
of chance, toss
the dice, watch
as they slowly
spin & fall...
Handing me over
to the compass
keeper the garden
reaper a tangible
sleeper a crowd
of pain, a cup of
rain sliding down
the glass.
Hands splayed,
grasping
gripping
slippery
tucked between
thin sheets of ice
until my
honeysuckle
desires explode
exposing my
insides out.

3

When my insides
are displayed
before
reluctant eyes
and sprouting
melodies-
Bowing with Vivaldi
strings and tap
dancing finger
snapping precision
in rhythm on the
bottom of a penny
loafer caught
in the act of
bubble gum treason-
Inky blue
shadows haunt
the jitter bug
ghost
punctuated
with glittering
ballroom gala.

Pause

Where delicate
swallows
swoop and dip
their beaks
into a pool of
deliverance.
Imagery released
into a theme park
where pigeons
pose and time is
in a generous
state of illusion-
Fury
spews from the
mouth of torrid
orange
nightmares where
bandits hide
behind the porcelain
faces of barbie doll
revolutionaries-
My poetry
emerging
vulnerable
like ducks
in a shooting gallery.


Carol Brown ©

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home