Saturday, April 1, 2006

Wild Flower

Swollen virgin bud bursting violet, I came crashing down,

fell on my knees and curled myself around brief moments

of bliss where I surrendered.

Where scattering leaves fell from a cobalt sky, and the

scent of lavender lingered on my skin licked raw and still

I returned to where cold was hot and desire was a thing

that fed me.


Did you hear the silence of falling snow or see the shadows

long and thin wrapping their hungry arms around me with

a cloak of arctic drifts leaving me bare and shivering?

It was then I heard the shattering sound of glass causing

my teeth to chatter from the force of heat steaming with

grasping fingers running through my hair wet with the

glory of fire and the painful longing of ice.


And still... I glanced back with hungry eyes.



Carol Brown ©

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home