Monday, July 7, 2014

Photo Synthesis

Mother I am your blueprint bleeding purple
irises into an spirit bowl of moss.
Your lined face melding defining mine.
As we look into the camera our eyes frame
a portrait of our ancestors looking back in
time.
The shutter clicks flashing us blind and I
see my ancestors holding mirrors before my
face, offering me no wisdom.


We are a race, a line of voids coming to be
out of a thousand fragments of mirrors.
Cracks and missing parts, warps and chips,
reflections only partial, reflect us.

A thousand pieces wavering spaces in
between; inner flaws, shards, splinters
grinding the edges of our souls defined by gash.

We are synthesized.


Carol Brown ©

1 Comments:

At September 16, 2014 at 11:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked here today and your words stayed with me as I had a bath - ruminations! - Carol, thank you for writing & existing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home